Sunday, February 13, 2005

SPRING!

I keep forgetting to mention that I've been waking up to the sound of songbirds around the marina every morning for about two weeks now - I'm sure it's a sign of impending spring!

Yesterday, out on our dinghy ride around the harbour, we encountered some divers just getting back into a little aluminum run-about. We asked them what they were up to, and the non-diver in the boat said that the Victoria Harbour Authority has asked them to do some 'pollution' samples from the mud in the bottom of the harbour. I'm going to call the Authority on Monday and see if I can find out more... why? why now? is this a regular occurrence just for monitoring, or is something else going on?

Today is a gloriously sunny day, so I'm sure we'll be dinghy-riding again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home