Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Our anniversary

On Sunday night, Michael and I used our Christmas Parade prize (the gift certificate for the Coast Harbourside Hotel) to celebrate the 28th anniversary of the day we met. The hotel was wonderful -- they have an indoor/outdoor heated pool that was fabulous, as well as a hot tub. I took some great pics from our 9th floor balcony -- well, actually the quality of the pics wasn't great for some reason, but the scenery was.








About 6 years ago, we spent a week at that marina, and somewhere I have a great pic of the Wind Walker in front of the hotel. If I can find it, I'll post it later!

ON THE NEEDLES: I finished several hats for Afghans for Afghans, and have now started on the first baby blanket I'm doing for our new (due in May) grandchild. It's white -- double stranded, one of acrylic something-or-other, and the other a cotton blend with a bit of nubbly texture that I really like. I'm doing something called an 'hourglass' stitch inside a seed stitch border, and it's coming out gorgeous so far. I'll post pics in the next day or two!

1 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Marji said...

just checked and so glad to see that you are posting again. I'd love to see more of your knitting and daily life stuff. I'm landlocked right now, but we are boat shopping at the moment....long term boat shopping, so that in several years we can begin our live-aboard experience. knitting will only be one of the challenges I expect to face in downsizing to a moving, floating home that tends to damp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home