Tuesday, January 17, 2006

THE KNITTING OLYMPICS!

Let me tell you about our dinghy. It's like the 'old pair of jeans' that you just can't give up! Even in the dead of winter, we often go out for little harbour jaunts in our trusty dinghy. She's a 13' Achilles, and the poor thing has seen better days, but she's ours and we love her. This photo is one of our dinghy on a beach in Nanaimo, gracing the front cover of a magazine I once published.

I'm thinking of the dinghy today in particular because the sun is shining, and if you've been following the weather in BC, you'll know that hasn't happened much lately. So I'm hoping that this afternoon we'll have a chance to go for a little dinghy ride. There's lots going on over at the Point Hope Shipyard, where they're installing a new HUGE marine ways, so it might be fun to putt over there and check it out!

ON THE NEEDLES

I'm working on a baby blanket, in white, for our grandchild who is due in May -- it's just a seed stitch border, and the body is the 'hourglass stitch.' It's an old LionBrand pattern, and you can see a pic of it here. . I'm also working on two smaller, thinner blankets -- one in pink, one in blue -- so that I'm prepared for anything! I'll post progress pics in the next few days. But listen to THIS....

The Yarn Harlot has struck again - she's posted a challenge to all to participate in the "Knitting Olympics". One project, 16 days! Check it out HERE! Being of the competitive nature (there's a reason my bumper sticker says, "She who dies with the most yarn wins!"), I couldn't resist signing up -- I'm competing in the sweater event, personally. ;-) I'll attempt my first-ever sweater, for that same soon-to-be-born grandchild. It'll be great fun!

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Creativehomemaker said...

I love your blog, it combines two of my favorite hobbies: knitting and boating. I love the old Chris Craft boats, is yours a Constellation? My husband and I have wanted to buy an old one and fix it up for awhile. We just haven't found the right one yet.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger "Skipper" said...

Yes, it's a 38-foot 1965 Constellation, and we love it! You can see and read more about the boat, us, and the areas we've cruised, here... http://www.mvwindwalker.com :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home