Thursday, April 26, 2007

A NEW CANOE!

Well, I am 'boat-bound' with a horrid allergic reaction to something that's made my skin burn, so I look like a lobster and I'm stupid from the double dose of antihistamines and lack of sleep from the last few days. I lost day before yesterday completely, which is a drag because the first cruise ship of the season arrived and we intended to go in the inflatable to welcome it properly -- instead, I completely forgot about it.

Anyway, this afternoon, stupid or not, we are driving out to Sooke to get the canoe we just acquired, and I'm SO excited! We had one when we lived in Maple Bay, and we've missed it lots, so it'll be fun to have one again. I'll post pictures of it when we get it home...

Meanwhile, being home sick has meant I've had lots of knitting time ... WIPs include a gorgeous gray cotton/linen blend wrap I'm making for myself in a 12-row repeat lace pattern that I'm really enjoying:



And, in the mindless knitting category, an afghan for my niece (hope she doesn't read my blog!) in two strands of acryllic blends that are both in blues and teals, and it'll be lovely when it's done ....



Off to get a canoe now!

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger TutleyMutley said...

OOOO lucky you - getting a canoe! I can borrow one cheap from my canoe club but it's not the same. I've got a kayak in the shed - but the dog doesn't fit on the deck!

Marilyn - I'm in your ISE4 group - just wanted to reassure you that MY scarf for ISE4 pal will be finished soon - I'm about 80$ of the way there with just a small amount of rib and the blocking to do.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Sue H said...

Took a bit of searching, but I found you. Sure hope you are feeling better by now. I love ships, and would love to go on another cruise (it would be a first for my husband), and I think I would also enjoy living afloat. I been a long held dream to own my own cruiser, doubt it will ever be achieved though, unless we win lotto.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Denise Vogel said...

daisy1801aaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home