Thursday, January 18, 2007

KNITTING PROJECTS ....

I forgot to mention in my last post about my 2007 knitting projects... that's the year 2007, not the number of projects.

The sun had barely set on Christmas when I cast on a black wool hoodie for River, my 8-year-old grandson. Or at least he would turn 8 on January 4th, so the hoodie was meant to be a Christmas present. I finished it....



... but not in time for the birthday! However, he got it a few days ago, and has hardly taken it off since...









I think he likes it! It's a bit big so it'll still fit him for quite awhile, but he likes it 'sloppy'.





Now I'm working on a baby blanket for a friend's boy due in March. I LOVE this lace pattern, but it was making me crazy trying to carry it across the required 240-odd stitches, so I decided to make it in strips so I could ENJOY knitting it. I'll make 4 strips, I think, and then join them maybe with a strip of baby blue cable of some sort. I'll see when I get there. It's an Estonian lace pattern, and I'm using 6mm bamboo needles and lovely white cotton yarn. Each strip is a cast-on of only 34 stitches which gives me 3 repeats, and the strip is about 9" wide. (I think the stitch is called Peacock Feather, but the baby boy I'm knitting it for is First Nations, and I think it looks a LOT like an eagle feather, so it's perfect!)

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Cute nephew! I think all boys like things too loose and too big. It looks good.

My Aunt and Uncle lived afloat for many years off the coast of Victoria Island.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home